Occupation Certificates

An Occupation Certificate certifies that a building is suitable and safe to be occupied in line with the requirements established by The Building Code of Australia (BCA).  

Prior to a new building being occupied, the Principal Certifying Authority (PCA) must consider the health, safety and amenity of future occupants of the building. The PCA can be a Council or a private sector Accredited Certifier.

The Occupation Certificate Application Form must be completed and submitted to Council before completion of the work and prior to occupation of the building.


We monitor all feedback and endeavour to use your comments to improve our website. Please include your email address.


Did you find this content useful?

Thank you for your feedback.