Make a rates payment

Changes to Council's rate structures to provide equity to ratepayers

On 26 August 2019, Council resolved to apply to the Independent Pricing and Regulatory Tribunal (IPART) to review its rate structures to harmonise the residential and business rates of the former Kogarah and Hurstville Councils. 

For more details on this matter, please review the frequently asked questions, visit Your Say Georges River or review Council’s media release.

To register to attend an Information Session on the proposed changes to the rates visit Your Say Georges River.

The quickest and easiest way to pay your rates is with BPAY or via a credit/debit card (using the internet or phone).

For all rates payments, please ensure you use biller code 34405 and your customer reference number on your rates notice. This guarantees your money goes to the right account without delay.



Rates biller code: 34405

Reference: See your customer reference number


Credit/Debit card via telephone (1300 276 468)

You will need:

  • Biller code
  • Your customer reference number
  • a Visa, MasterCard or American Express card.

Please note the following for credit card payments:

  • American Express – 1.4% surcharge
  • Visa and Mastercard – Nil surcharge
  • Diners Club – Not accepted

Pay online

Pay online using Visa, MasterCard,  or American Express via the link below.

Please note the following for credit card payments:

  • American Express – 1.4% surcharge
  • Visa and MasterCard – Nil surcharge




Direct debit

Residents can arrange to have their bank account debited on a quarterly or annual basis by completing a Rates Direct Debit Form

If you currently use direct debit as your payment option, we have taken care of the updates for you and you do not need to do anything else.

Other payment options

Other payment options include:

If you are having difficulty paying your rates, contact us to discuss your options. 

If you wish to receive your rates notice by email, please complete the Request to Receive Your Rates Notice by Email Form.

If you need to change the delivery address for your rates notice, please complete the Change of Address for Rates Notice Form.


We monitor all feedback and endeavour to use your comments to improve our website. Please include your email address.


Did you find this content useful?

Thank you for your feedback.