Public Notice
04/08/2026
Council is replacing the sign at ‘Tiley Reserve’ on Andover Street, Carlton and correcting a spelling mistake that was on the old sign.
The name ‘Tiley Reserve’ was assigned to the land at 4 Andover Street by the Geographical Names Board of NSW in 1981. The name comes from Ernest John Waterhouse Tiley, who purchased the land in 1905. Kogarah Council purchased the land in 1980 and created the public reserve that is enjoyed by the community today.
The sign with the incorrect spelling ‘Tilley Reserve’ was installed in 2004.
Council has worked with the Tiley family as well as historical records to confirm the correct spelling. Any incorrect references to the reserve will be updated where required.
For more information, please contact our Customer Service team via our Contact us page.