skip to main content
Council has responsibility under NSW law to regulate and issue street numbering pursuant to Section 124 (Order 8) of the Local Government Act 1993. All new addresses are based on Australian Standard AS/NZS 4819:2011 Rural and Urban Addressing and must comply with the NSW Addressing Policy and User Manual.

Residents may request Council to review or confirm their property address. This may be due to confusion between addresses or problems with mail delivery. Council will then investigate and determine if a change is necessary. Numbering will not be changed for personal reasons such as superstition or “unlucky” numbers.

Your request will be acknowledged within 2 business days and you will be contacted with a determination within 21 business days.

Please provide the information requested below, so we can assist you with your request.

Note: This form is to review your Property Address. If you need to change your Postal Address, please use the Change of Address for Rate Notice form.

Address of Property to be Reviewed (Please enter as much detail as possible)


Title Details of Property to be Reviewed (This can be found on your Rates Notice)


Contact Details


Reason for Review

Security code:*

Privacy Disclaimer

Your personal information is being collected by Council in accordance with applicable legislation.
The provision of your personal information is voluntary, however the information assists Council in the delivery and management of the subject request, and / or as required by law.

Your personal information will be used and disclosed for the Council’s purposes, or a directly related purpose, unless you consent to another use or disclosure, in emergencies or as otherwise required or authorised by law.
Should you wish to access or amend your personal information please make a written request to Council by:

Post: PO Box 205, Hurstville BC NSW 1481
For more information please refer to Council’s Privacy Management Plan


Did you find this content useful?

Your feedback allows us to measure our customers' satisfaction with our website content.

If you wish to raise a particular issue with us, we recommend you raise a Customer Service Request. This will ensure your matter is scheduled with the appropriate teams and will allow you to track the progress of the issue.

Thank you for your feedback.
Georges River Council Live Chat

Welcome to Georges River Council. How can we help?