Make a Submission

If you wish to formally comment on, or object, to a Development Application, you can make a submission to Council. Submissions can be made by email, post or by completing the online Submission on Development Applications form.


We do not keep submissions confidential and we release submissions when a request is made in accordance with privacy laws and relevant provisions of the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009.

What Happens Next?  

Once you have submitted your comments, one of our Assessment Officers may contact you to discuss your concerns.  

If required, an Assessment Officer may request to visit your property to assess how the proposed development may affect where you live.  

Once submissions for a Development Application have closed, we will make a decision on whether to approve, refuse or amend the application.


If a Development Application receives significant objections, a report will be presented to Council's Director Environment and Planning for determination in accordance with Council’s Policy. The application may also be referred to the Local Planning Panel.

When a final determination is made about a Development Application, everyone who made a submission will be informed of the outcome.

Useful Links 

NSW Ombudsman's Advice

Provide feedback on our new website
Was this page helpful?:*


We monitor all feedback and endeavour to use your comments to improve our website. Please include your email address.

 Security code

9330 6400

24 hours, 7 days a week

Email us at: mail@georgesriver.nsw.gov.au
Language Assistance Service
Georges River Civic Centre
Corner MacMahon and Dora Streets, Hurstville
Open: 8.30am - 5.00pm, Monday to Friday

Kogarah Library and Service Centre
Kogarah Town Square, Belgrave Street
Open: 8.30am - 5.00pm, Monday to Friday
After-hours Customer Service available
at Hurstville Library
5.00pm - 9.00pm, Monday to Friday
9.30am - 4.00pm, Saturday and Sunday

Georges River Council acknowledges the traditional custodians of the land in which the Georges River Local Government Area is situated - the Biddegal people of the Eora nation.
© Copyright Georges River Council
© Copyright Georges River Council