Child Car Seats
Is your child's car seat fitted properly? Council is now offering free vouchers to residents of the local government area to have child car seats fitted or checked by an RMS Authorised Restraint Fitter. Contact Council's Service Centre on 9330 6400 to find out more.
For the latest NSW Road Rules regarding child restraints visit transport.nsw.gov.au
NSW Learner and Provisional Licenses
- The maximum legal speed limit for Learner Drivers is 90km/hr
- The maximum legal speed limit for Provisional Drivers is 100km/hr
- Provisional driver laws must be followed while driving interstate
- For more information go to Geared or P Plate Speeding.
Additional sites and resources
Senior Pedestrian Safety
Council is concerned about the safety of all members of our community. More information on pedestrian safety for seniors is available below:
Council's shared paths are for the use of both bicycle riders and pedestrians to share.
Bicycle riders please:
- Ring your bell well ahead of pedestrians
- Ride past the pedestrian at a slow pace.
- Keep to the left to allow space for bicycle riders to pass
- Hold children by the hand, and keep dogs on lead.
Georges River Council's Traffic section manages regulatory enquiries related to traffic, parking and signage on roads within the local area.
Certain matters require the approval of the Local Traffic Committee, which meets on the third Tuesday of each month. The Committee considers proposals related to traffic, parking and signage.
The Committee comprises representatives from the Roads and Maritime Services, Local Police, State Local Members offices, transport organisations and Council staff. The committee's recommendations are considered by Council prior to final approval.
Enquiries relating to traffic and signage:
Post: Georges River Council, PO Box 205, Hurstville BC NSW 1481