Community members who require the assistance of a JP can access this service for free in the following locations (subject to availability). Please note the JP providing the service is a volunteer, and is not employed by Council.
- Hurstville Civic Centre: Thursdays 11.00am - 12.00noon
- Hurstville City Library: Tuesdays 11.00am - 12.00noon, Wednesday 11.00 - 12.00noon and Saturdays 11.00am - 12noon
- Kogarah Library: Mondays 12.00noon - 1.00pm and 5.30pm - 6.45pm and Wednesdays 12.00noon - 1.00pm
- Penshurst Branch Library: Thursdays 10.00am - 11.00am
- Hurstville Museum and Gallery: Fridays 11.00am - 12.00noon
- Service NSW, Ground Floor, 4-8 Woodville St, Hurstville: Monday to Friday 7.00am - 7.00pm, Saturday 8.30am - 3.00pm. Please phone 13 77 88 to ensure the JP is available.
If you are a JP and would like to volunteer for this program, contact Amy Georgiou on 9330 6118 or email email@example.com
No demanding, offensive or aggressive behaviour towards the JP will be tolerated, for any reason.
The Justice of the Peace that visits Georges River Council on most Thursdays is not a Council officer, but provides JP services on a volunteer basis to Council.
The Justice of the Peace is a volunteer-run service and it is always advisable to contact the location of the service on the day of your visit to check that the JP is available.
The Justice of the Peace may cancel his services at any time with no prior notice and may not be available when you visit Georges River Council.
If the JP is not available, Council Staff can provide you with a list of other JPs within the area.
Alternative JP services
Keystone Community Solutions also provides JP services at its Information Desk in Westfield Hurstville, which is located to the left of Coles Supermarket. This service is generally available on Mondays and Wednesdays, from 1.30pm until 3.00pm, subject to availability.
Justice of the Peace Register - search by postcode, name or registration number for a local JP.